2015 has been a rollercoaster of a year with changes big and small in the industry. Though the one thing that has stayed constant is the upward march of the secondary market on things like Pappy, BTAC and other Limited Editions. It’s insane… really, it is truly insane what people are paying for what amounts to a yearly release.
Anyways, I’m not here to rant about that again, but instead here to say you don’t need to spend your kid’s college fund to drink well. So without further ado here’s 10 whiskies, in no particular order, you can pick up this weekend and ensure you’re drinking well through 2016.
- Fighting Cock
- Henry McKenna 10 year SiB BiB
- Evan Williams BiB
- Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel Rye
- Red Breast 12 Cask Strength
- Bushmills 16
- AnCnoc Rutter
- Ardbeg 10
- Benromach 10
- The Arran 12 Cask Strength
- George Dickle No 12 – This one is cheating since I reviewed in it 2014, but I drank a lot of it in 2015 and that’s why it’s a bonus at #11
Here’s to great 2016. Cheers!