Since its founding 20 years ago, the Isle of Arran Distillery has been laying uniquely complex malts down to mature. As the distillery reaches its twentieth birthday, the Arran Malt is coming of age with its first limited edition bottling of The Arran 18 Year Old Single Malt.
This latest edition is the final bottling in a trilogy of 16, 17 and 18 year-old Arran Malts which have been released in the count down to this landmark bottling. Bottled at 46%, it is distilled without chill-filtration or artificial colouring for a pure yet complex palate.
Aged in the finest Sherry casks, this un-peated malt is a perfect example of the fresh character of Arran in all its maturity. Gold in colour and with a delicious aroma of toasted almonds, honey and spice, this highly anticipated bottling delivers a luxurious palate of ginger and caramelised brown sugar.
Water releases subtle flower notes and rich Seville orange marmalade. The finish, reminiscent of toasted brioche and toffee apples, rounds off the most mature expression of The Arran Malt to date.
James MacTaggart, Master Distiller at the Isle of Arran Distillery, says: “This is a very special bottling for us, not only being the most mature Arran Malt yet but as the first release in our our twentieth year. It represents the very best of our whisky, with the depth of aroma and flavour for which Arran Malts have become known around the world.
“So with only 9,000 bottles released worldwide, we don’t expect the 18 Year Old Arran Malt to be around for long.”
This latest limited edition of The Arran Malt will be available in specialist whisky retailers and a small quantity will be available directly from http://www.arranwhisky.com/ from Monday 16th March 2015.
The Arran Notes:
Accolades for Isle of Arran Distillery include Winner for:
- Best New Exporter (2004), Queen’s Award for International Trade (2005)
- Scottish Distiller of the Year (2007)
- Scottish Drinks Producer of the Year (2007.)
Product awards include:
- Best Whisky Liqueur (2007)
- ‘Best Single Malt Scotch 12 Years & Under’ for The Arran Malt Amarone Cask Finish (2008)
- ‘Best Single Malt Scotch 11-15 Years’ for The Arran Malt Sherry Single Cask 1998 (2010)
- Best Single Malt Scotch 11-15 Years’ for the Icons of Arran Peacock (2011)
- ‘Double Gold Award’ for Arran’s 14 Year Old Single Malt
- ‘Gold Award’ for Arran’s 10 Year Old Single Malt at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition (2012)
- Double Gold in FiftyBest.com awards (2012)
- Double Gold Medal for the 12 year-old Cask Strength in the San Francisco World Spirits Competition (2013)
- Double Gold for both the 10 year-old and 12 year-old Cask Strength at the China Wine & Spirits Best Value Awards 2014.
For more information visit http://www.arranwhisky.com/