Booker’s® “Noe Secret” Celebrates Ever-Honest Founding Distiller and His Iconic Recipe
CLERMONT, KY–(Nov 17, 2015) – Booker’s® Bourbon, one of the few bourbons available uncut and unfiltered1, announces the release of the sixth batch in its 2015 limited-edition collection, Batch 2015-06, also referred to as “Noe Secret.” At an exclusive live tasting, Fred Noe, 7th Generation Master Distiller, and the Booker’s Bourbon Roundtable — a collection of esteemed bourbon experts, enthusiasts and writers — selected the latest expression. Booker’s “Noe Secret” batch is a testament to the robust recipe first created by founding distiller Booker Noe, 6th Generation Master Distiller and Fred Noe’s father.
“This batch’s name is a play on words, because Dad kept no secrets — in his life, or in the way he made his bourbon,” said Fred Noe. “He used only the best ingredients available, and made me promise that after he retired, the recipe for Booker’s would never change — and it hasn’t. Booker’s Batch 2015-06 offers fans the robust, full-bodied whiskey profile they’ve come to know and love, just the way Dad liked it.”
“Noe Secret” is the third and final batch this year to be selected by the Booker’s Bourbon Roundtable, with the guidance of Noe. The Panelists who helped select Batch 2015-06, “Noe Secret,” included the following members:
- F. Paul Pacult, Editor of F. Paul Pacult’s Spirit Journal and Founder of Ultimate Beverage Challenge
- Geoff Kleinman, Founder and Managing Editor of DrinkSpirits.com
- Jack Robertiello, Spirits Writer and Spirits Competition Judge
- John McCarthy, Spirits Writer and Senior Managing Editor of Men’s Health Magazine
- Tony Sachs, Spirits Writer For Robb Vices and Serious Eats
- Guest Panelist: Kevin Sintumuang, Digital Director for The Wall Street Journal
- Guest Panelist: G. Clay Whittaker, Freelance Writer for Men’s Journal and Forbes
Noe and the Roundtable Panelists selected Booker’s “Noe Secret” with the following characteristics:
- Proof: 128.1
- Age: 6 years, 8 months and 7 days
- Nose: Vanilla with hints of cherry
- Finish: Long, warm and smooth finish
- Sipping Suggestions: With ice or cut with water
Uncut and unfiltered1 — like all Booker’s Bourbon batches — “Noe Secret” features the robust flavor and natural proof that Booker’s Bourbon is known for and will be available nationwide beginning mid-November with a suggested retail price of $59.99 per 750 mL bottle.
About Booker’s® Bourbon
Booker’s® Bourbon was inspired by a 200-year-old family tradition and came to life when Booker Noe selected the first bottles of Booker’s as holiday gifts for his friends and family. With its instant popularity within Noe’s close circle, Booker’s Bourbon was soon after bottled and made available on shelves for everyone to enjoy. Booker’s Bourbon is one of the only bourbons bottled unfiltered1 and at its natural proof, which varies from batch to batch. Crafted in small batches and aged for six to eight years in charred oak barrels, which are stored in the center of the rack house, Booker’s Bourbon is hand-selected barrel-by-barrel by Fred Noe to ensure every bottle contains a robust, full-bodied whiskey that has a taste, aroma and proof that matches Booker’s whiskey preference.
For more information on Booker’s Bourbon, visit: http://www.BookersBourb